CAUTION: OUR SLINGSHOTS ARE HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.
Features & Specs
- Slingshot Red Pearl Paint, Turbo Grey, or Black Pearl
- Blade Wind Deflector windshield
- Premium 18″ Cast Aluminum Front Wheels and 20″ Cast Aluminum Rear Wheel
- Media Control: 4.3 LCD Screen, Back-up Camera, 6 Speaker Audio System, Bluetooth integration
|DIMENSIONS / CAPACITIES|
|Curb Weight||1718 lbs.|
|Overall Length (in/mm)||149.6 in/3800 mm|
|Overall Width (in/mm)||77.6 in/1971 mm|
|Overall Height (in/mm)||51.9 in/1318 mm|
Yes, the Slingshot has three wheels. Polaris has gone back to the drawing board and come back with something dangerously exhilarating. This three-wheeler sits inches from the ground with an open cockpit.
Luckily, the Slingshot has waterproof seats, three-point belts, and forged aluminum roll hoops. With its 5 speed manual transmission and steering whee,l the thrill is endless. Although many states are having issues placing this beast into a category (motorcycle, vehicle, off-road) it is for now legal in florida to drive on public roads with a motorcycle endorsement.
Concealing a mounted GM ecotec 2.4-liter engine under that sleek hood the Polaris Slingshot pushes roughly 173 Ponies and 166 pound-feet of torque when on the asphalt. In other words, we recommend you buckle up!
Luckily when you rent any of our slingshots, you will have an upgraded optional windshield available on the SL models, which is just about tall enough to keep the bugs out of your teeth but not from splattering against your forehead. Each seat has an all in one, molded headrest that’s designed to force your head down when you’re wearing a helmet. First Drive goes into all the details of this bad boy down to the inches.
DIMENSIONS / CAPACITIES
Max Wet Weight 1749 lbs.
Overall Length (in/mm) 149.6 in/3800 mm
Overall Width (in/mm) 77.9 in/1980 mm
Overall Height (in/mm) 51.9 in/1318 mm
Track Width (in/mm) 69.1 in/1755 mm
Wheelbase (in/mm) 105.0 in/2667 mm
Ground Clearance (in/mm) 5.0 in/127 mm
Engine GM Ecotec 2.4L DOHC
Displacement (cid/cc) 2384 cc
Bore and Stroke 88mm x 98mm
Compression Ratio 10.4:1
Valve Train DOHC, VVT
Fuel 91 octane or higher
Rev Limit (RPM) 7200 RPM
Peak Power (HP) 173 HP @ 6200 RPM
Peak Torque (ft-lbs) 166 ft-lbs @ 4700 RPM
Fuel (Gallons/Liters) 9.77 Gallons / 37.1 Liters
Brake Rotors (Front) Vented cast iron rotor, aluminum center hub, 298mm diameter
Brake Rotors (Rear) Vented cast iron rotor, aluminum center hub, 298mm diameter
WHEELS AND TIRES
Front Tire Type Kenda SS-799
Front Tire Size 225/45R18
Front Wheel Type Forged Aluminum
Front Wheel Size 18×7.5 J
Rear Tire Type Kenda SS-799
Rear Tire Size 305/30R20
Rear Wheel Type Forged Aluminum
Rear Wheel Size 20×11.0 J
Clutch Type Dry, Single Plate, Hydraulically Actuated
Transmission Type 5 Speed Synchromesh with Reverse
1st Gear Ratio 3.753:1
2nd Gear Ratio 2.258:1
3rd Gear Ratio 1.512:1
4th Gear Ratio 1.000:1
5th Gear Ratio .729:1
Reverse Gear Ratio 3.672:1
Gear Shift Pattern H
Bevel Drive Ratio 2.312:1
Final Drive Type Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt, 36mm x 147T
Final Drive Ratio 1.590:1
Assist Polaris EPAS, Speed Sensitive
Steering Turns, lock-to-lock 3.2
Battery 30AH, 12V, 400 CCA
Headlight Projector H9 65w
Auxiliary Light Projector H3 55w
Tail/Brake Light LED
Turn Signals LED
License Plate Light LED
Speedometer & Indicator Lights LED
ABS (Anti-Lock Brakes) Standard
ESC (Electronic Stability Control) Standard
Traction Control Standard
Factory Warranty 2 Years
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is a Special License Required to Drive our Vehicles?
- No, a special license in not required to drive our vehicles. Drivers are only required to have a valid state-issued driver’s license. And be over 21 years of age. As of July, 1st 2018 the state of Florida has declared the slingshot an auto-cycle and can be driven with a regular drivers license. That means all the enthusiast that were waiting to be able to drive this beast can do so now! Learn more about the license requirements of driving a slingshot in each state here
- Are Any Special Skills Required to Drive Our Vehicles?
- Yes, the operator must be able to drive a 5-speed manual transmission.
- Are there Any Age Requirements?
- We required that our renters and drivers be at least 21 years of age.
- Are there any Mileage Limits?
- There are not mileage limits for how far you can drive our vehicles during your rental period. As long as you return at the designated return time, you can drive them as far as you would like.
- What is the Cancellation Policy?
- We request that cancellations be made at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled pick-up time. Cancellations made at least 48-hours prior to pick-up are eligible for a full refund. Cancellations made within the 48-hour time period will be eligible for a…(you should fill out here what your policy is within the timeframe).
What is the Fuel Policy?
- Fill’ er up! All Slingshots are rented with a FULL tank of REGULAR gas. Unless specified on a promotion or special offer, it must be returned with a FULL tank of REGULAR gas. Now, if you like you can leave the hassle to us and for $40 we will handle refueling of the slingshot. If we need to rescue you there is a $100 charge.